How Dentists Can Actually Get More Online Dentist Reviews from Patients
When it comes to online dentist reviews, some dentists truly want to find out what they can to do get more, while others are a bit hesitant to invest time in this effort, and simply see it as another channel they must monitor online.
The reality is, online reviews are only growing in importance, and 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business.1 If your dental practice doesn’t have online reviews, it may come across as suspicious to potential new patients, making them think “what do they have to hide?”
Luckily, there’s a lot of opportunity for dentists to generate positive reviews. Here are top ways to encourage positive reviews online with your patients:
- In office, after their appointment. Train front staff to ask patients how their appointment went before they leave. This way, if anything was disappointing, you may have the opportunity to address and fix it right then and there, and avoid seeing a negative comment online later. Conversely, if the patient said everything went great at the appointment, this is an opportunity for your front staff to say “I’m so glad you had a good experience. Would you be willing to take a few minutes to leave us a review online?” Most patients will happily oblige.
Tip: Make it as easy as possible for patients to leave a review. If there’s a specific website or page where you want a patient to leave their review, make that URL known and easy to locate. If it’s a lengthy URL, we recommend shortening it with bitly.com.
- Follow-up via email after a patient appointment. Sometimes a patient may be leaving in a rush to get back to work or cross off the next item on their to-do list. Follow-up with them via email (within 24 hours of their appointment) to see how they’re feeling and if they have any questions. This is also a perfect time to ask for a review with something like “Thanks so much for visiting us. We want to provide you with the best service possible. Would you be willing to leave us a review online to help other people see what it’s like to work with us?” As noted above, make sure to include links to the website pages where you prefer the review left.
- Post signage in your waiting room. Post signage in your waiting room that invites patients to leave a review online, with the URLs listed clearly on the sign. Doing so may encourage long-time, loyal patients to use their time in the waiting room to post a positive review before they even have their appointment.
When requesting an online dental patient review in your communications, there are a few golden rules that will increase your response rate:
- Let your patient know that you’re asking for a “favor”
- Help your patient understand how you benefit from this favor (i.e. your review will help new patients see what it’s like to come to our practice)
- Make it easy for the patient to get to leave a review
To learn more about PracticeMojo and how the team here can help you manage your online reputation, call (800) 556-2580 to speak with a representative.